Holy moly. It’s been two and a half months since I last posted here..! Let’s just say life has been a bit hectic and I just haven’t been thinking about keeping things updated on the old blog. Definitely a shame as I had found a good rhythm at the start of the year with posting updates.
Anyway, what’s been happening?
- Returned to Ireland for 6 weeks to visit family and friends.
- Whilst back, I popped over to France for 4 days to catch some friends who have left Phnom Penh now. Fantastic hospitality from Ben and Sophie (and a good birthday celebration for little Barnaby).
- Visited an old friend in Galway for a few chilled out days.
- Went to the ever-awesome Jigs and Rigs festival on Rathlin Island for 7 days, caught up with the Force 10 massive.
- Got to see my hugely grown up nephew and niece a load, and hang out with my folks and brothers and sister-in-law.
- Caught up with some old school friends.
- Met someone very special.
- Failed to get as much work done as planned.
- Saw my cats and got to hang out with Donn and Aoibheann in their lovely new place.
- Generally ran around like a lunatic and by the time I got on my plane back to Phnom Penh I was in dire need of a holiday (which I can’t take due to being behind on a load of work!).
Yep, it was a fantastic visit back to the home country, really great to see everyone. Thanks so much for all the hospitality, dinners, fun times and hard graft (at Rathlin).