WordPress have just released their latest version, 3.4.
- Enhanced theme control
- Customize theme options before activating a new theme using Theme Customizer
- Use Theme Previewer to customize current theme without changing the front-end design
- Custom Headers
- Improved Custom Headers with flexible sizes
- Selecting Custom Header Images and Custom Background Images from Media Library Screen
- Media improvements
- Support HTML in image captions
- Add Twitter.com as an oEmbed providers
- Under the Hood improvements
- Improvements in WordPress internationalization and localization (more info)
- Different split in translation POT files for faster translations
- Codex XML-RPC information update accessed via XML-RPC_WordPress_API
- WP_Query improvements
It’s not a huge update, but the more I look at it there’s a number of things which are really nice. The theme support for backgrounds and headers is actually a big boon to developers wanting to give their clients a little more control.
I’m also really happy to see that image embeds include HTML captions, as well as the Twitter oEmbed functionality.
WordPress 3.4 is here! Update your site now to try the new theme customizer, better headers, HTML captions & more: wp.me/pZhYe-BE
— WordPress(@WordPress) June 13, 2012