I had to send my phone in to a repair shop after the touch screen stopped responding. For security purposes I decided to change my Google Account password to keep the important stuff safe just in case.
Shortly after changing my Google Account password, the Chrome browser rightly asked me to sign in again as my account details had changed. So far so good.
However, shortly after re-authenticating, Chrome asked me to sign in again.
Fix for Chrome recurring sign-in request
Thanks to an answer on the Google product forums, I found out that there is indeed a fix.
- First, open Chrome and go to Settings (chrome://settings/).
- Now, underneath the “Account sign-in details are out of date” message, you have to click “Disconnect your Google Account…”.
- Once your account is disconnected, close Chrome and open it again.
- Now go back to Settings and click “Sign in to Chrome”.
- Once you’ve signed back in Chrome won’t ask you to update your sign-in details again!
Hopefully this saves someone a little bit of sign-in fatigue! Any questions don’t hesitate to let me know in the comments below.